In late 2014, three-year contracts for nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals were negotiated , signed and approved. The ground-breaking contracts – hammered out over several months – ended a wage freeze that began in 2010 and established a unique partnership between employees and management to continue providing quality healthcare delivery across the system.
Contract highlights include:
· A labor-management partnership giving the union a seat at the table in decisions about how to most effectively deliver high quality health care at Jackson
· Continuation of a previous agreement not to outsource emergency department services at Jackson Memorial Hospital and protecting the ER jobs of physicians, physician assistants, and advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) throughout the system
· Mandated nurse-to-patient staffing ratios to ensure the highest quality patient experience
· Establishment of a “Jackson First” health plan option that will make coverage more affordable for employees with families, while also encouraging employees to use Jackson services and facilities
· Creation of a new salary step schedule and an immediate 2 percent one-time payment to employees – together, these create a compensation plan to help attract and retain world-class caregivers while still protecting Jackson’s long-term sustainability and growth plans.
Thanks to members of our bargaining team for all of their hard work to ensure that we secured a contract that was best for our membership! New contract booklets will be available soon.
- RNS AND PROFESSIONALS CONTRACT SUMMARY
- ATTENDING PHYSICIANS CONTRACT SUMMARY
- CLICK TO READ THE ENTIRE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT – FOR RNs
- CLICK TO READ THE ENTIRE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT – FOR PROFESSIONALS
- CLICK TO READ THE ENTIRE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT – FOR ATTENDING PHYSICIANS
- COMPANY 300 ADDENDUM