*Ratification voting will take place February 14, 15, and 16, 2012!
The nurses, healthcare professionals and attending physicians of SEIU Local 1991 reached tentative agreements with Jackson Health System on February 7, 2012. These agreements, though painful for all employees, will hopefully help pave the way for Jackson’s recovery and sustainability. After many months of tough negotiations and member activism, our bargaining team was able to reach tentative agreements that save many of the benefits management originally wanted to strip from our contracts.
Highlights of the Agreements include:
- Saved the guaranteed work week
- Saved 3% COLA granted 7/1/11
- Saved the 3-4 work schedule for RNs
- Furloughs reduced to 64 hours total
- Effective March 1, 2012, guarantee of no furloughs in first two years of contract – must give notice, hold hearing and get Board approval in third year
- Saved current PL program including 500 hour cap *
- Saved PL cash out *
- Saved $50 bi-weekly supplemental pay for professionals and AP
- Saved 10/12 shift PL accrual
- JHS pension plan will mirror FRS
- Saved $2 float pool differential
- Saved on-call pay for job basis RNs and Pros
- Saved extended illness pay out benefit *
- Saved current extended illness provisions *
- Saved shift differential on non-productive time
- Improved layoff language
- Saved break time
- Saved PAD for RNs
- Saved longevity bonus
*Successful achievement of $15 million in efficiencies will secure these items.
- 5% contribution to healthcare continues – negotiations will reopen Jan., 2014
- 3% employee contribution to pension (mirroring what members of FRS were already mandated to contribute by state law)
- Step raises frozen for 26 pay periods – negotiations will reopen to determine reinstatement date. Step raises will be reinstated no later than 9/30/14.
- No COLA (cost of living adjustment) in 2012 – negotiations will reopen to negotiate COLA for second and third year of contract
- PL accrual decreased by 1.54 hours per pay period (will be returned if $15million of efficiencies achieved)
- Three (3) Education days eliminated
- Holiday AD time eliminated
- Flex and HMO dollars eliminated
- Daily overtime eliminated
The tentative agreements for each bargaining unit (RNs, Professionals and Attending Physicians) must be ratified by SEIU’s unit membership and the County Commission.
Ratification voting will take place February 14, 15, and 16, 2012.